Friday 29 August 2014

Review: The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting by Holly Bourne

Now you could say I'm a bit of a geek because I read a lot. I really enjoy reading and I enjoy talking about the things I read, so what better way then to talk about it on my blog?! So today I am writing a book review on The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting by Holly Bourne.

"Apparently I'm boring. A nobody. But that's all about to change. Because I am starting a project. Here. Now. For myself. And if you want to come along for the ride then you are very welcome."

Now I'll be honest with you. The first thing that drew me to this book was it's bright red pages. When I picked it up and read the blurb I instantly knew I was going to enjoy this book.

"Bree is by no means popular. Most of the time she hates her life, her school, her never-there parents. So she writes. But when Bree is told she needs to stop shutting out the world and start living a life worth writing about, The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting is born. A manifesto that will change everything...but at what cost?"

This book is absolutely amazing, definitely one of my favourites. I am in love with the way Holly (the author) writes and I will definitely be looking for any other books she has written. I also really liked the story itself and while being fun and exciting, it also has some serious messages and I feel like I learned a lot from this book. I posted one of the pages I liked the most on my instagram @eleanxrmarie if you want to get a glimpse into the book (shameless self promotion haha). I just really love this book.

However it does say on the back of it that it includes some content not suitable for younger readers and it does include a fair bit of swearing and slang words so if you don't like that I wouldn't recommend it to you. But if you don't mind strong language than I would definitely recommend this as it's a fun book that keeps you hooked from the first sentence!

***** out of *****


Also just a random note I am nearly at 100 page views which is quite exciting for me :) thank you for that. If you want you can follow me on my other social media.
Twitter: eleanxrmarie
Instagram: eleanxrmarie
Polyvore: NeverBeABeautyQueen

See you next Friday for my August favourites :) love youssssssss xox, Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment