Sunday 8 February 2015

Relax

Ever since I was very little, in fact possibly since birth, I have always found it hard to get to sleep. Once I was asleep, I had no difficulty staying asleep for about 16 hours (or until someone woke me up for food) but it was always getting to sleep that was the problem. 

I found this was because I never managed to fully relax my body and my brain. It was always on the go, thinking about whether I had packed my school bag for the next day to whether I was going to be married by the time I was 30 or not. Your average thoughts on a Tuesday night, really. 

However, recently I have managed to get myself into a routine of finishing my homework earlier, showering earlier and getting into bed earlier so that I've had time to relax before I go to sleep. 

My routine usually consists of me having a long relaxing shower, getting into warm cosy pyjamas and sitting in bed with a warm cup of hot chocolate or tea while watching American Horror Story. 

This has honestly helped me so much as this past week I have noticed how much happier and more awake I am because I've been relaxing more, therefore getting more sleep. 


My advice to you would be to relax! Take time out of your schedule (no matter how busy it is!) to relax and have a little bit of time to yourself. Whether you chose to do this by having a pamper routine or watching your favourite movie, make sure you do it regularly. It will make you feel so much better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment